Looking for information Peppers Cable Gland Installation?
Peppers PDF Installation Guide: Installation Guide for Peppers UL-Ux Glands
Please refer to the Above Peppers PDF for instructions on your Peppers Cable Gland Installation, but here is a nice video from our friends at Hawke on gland installation of their products (To which Peppers offers alternatives for you, often in stock at competitive prices). Enjoy!
Peppers Cable Gland Installation Guide
Peppers UL-U* Type Installation Guide
•This presentation is a visual guide to aid with the installation of Peppers UL-U* range of cable glands. It should only be used in conjunction with the supplied installation instructions.
The UL-C* range of cable glands are intended for use in threaded entries complying with the requirements of IEC60079-1 and UL514B.
•It is the user/installers responsibility to ensure that the integrity of the installation is secure before energizing any equipment.
•Where applicable all installations should be conducted in accordance with the appropriate local, national or international standards and codes of practice.
Peppers Cable Gland Installation, UL-U* Type Guide
1. Split gland as shown in PDF
2.Fit Entry Body. Hand-tighten. Then, suitably secure with a wrench.
3. Slide the Rear Assembly onto cable.
4. Prepare cable as detailed in instructions.
5. Check compound has not passed its “Use By” date. It has a work life of about 45 minutes at 60-80º F (16-27º C), during which time it can be worked and shaped. It gradually stiffens and then hardens. Full cure takes 24 hours at 60-80º F (16-27º C), but takes longer at lower temperatures. E.g. at 40º F (5º C) full cure takes about seven days. Mix the putty and pack the fitting at 68º F (20º C).
6. Trim any hardened pieces from ends of stick. Mix the compound by rolling, folding and breaking. Ease mixing by cutting large sticks in half. Fully mixed compound has a uniform yellow colour with no streaks.
7. Support the cable and Rear Assembly. Tighten the Back Nut, so that the jacket seal grips the cable slightly. Ensure that the Rear Assembly is positioned so that the cable jacket is just behind the Rear Assembly cup. Splay out the cores.
8. Starting at the middle, fill the Rear Assembly cup by packing small amounts of rolled-out compound around and between the cores. Re-straighten each core and work outwards until all gaps are filled. Pack around the outside of the outer cores. Push compound down to make sure the Rear Assembly cup is filled.
9. Similarly build up compound in and around the protruding cores. Apply the compound in rolled-out strips wherever possible so that unbroken layers are formed. Where joins occur in the fill, or there are suspected holes, work the compound together to ensure a gas- tight seal. The cylinder of compound should project approx 1 in / 25mm (or 1⅜ in / 35mm for sizes 63 & 75 – see diagram in PDF above). Retrieve Ferrule and pass it over cores.
Retrieve Ferrule and pass it over cores. Locate and press Ferrule onto Cone, and remove squeezed-out compound. Pass cores through Entry Body. Engage Ferrule in Entry Body and screw on Union Nut. Tighten with wrench to close up the Ferrule Assembly.
10. Slacken off Union Nut and remove assembly from Entry Body to inspect Cable Unit. Where the cores exit the Ferrule, projecting compound must not foul the Entry Body. Bundle cores with cable-tie, cord or tape so they are not disturbed. Leave to cure. Cores may be disturbed after 1 hour.
11. Slide silicone o-ring over outer diameter of ferrule and ensure it is located at base of ferrule.
12. Re-assemble Cable Unit to Entry Body ensuring the o-ring is seated on the outside of the ferrule. Tighten Union Nut using wrench. Hold Mid Cap with wrench and tighten Back Nut onto cable. Ensure jacket seal makes full contact with cable then tighten Back Nut 1 extra turn.
If additional information or assistance is required please contact USA for further details.
Peppers Cable Gland Installation Health and Safety Warning.
The resin used in the compound can cause eye and skin irritation. For your personal protection, wear the gloves supplied while mixing and applying. The uncured compound should not be allowed to come into contact with foodstuffs.
A COMPREHENSIVE SAFETY DATA SHEET PROVIDED BY THE COMPOUND MANUFACTURER IS AVAILABLE ON REQUEST.